Indian Food… we LOVE it! How could you not? It’s so flavorful, you’re allowed to eat with your hands by putting most of your dish on a yummy flat piece of bread (naan) and it almost always makes great leftovers! This is one of our favorite Indian dishes, I make a ton of them and this one is in the top 3! It’s really cheap and easy to make plus kids love it!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium-large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh or jarred ginger
- 2 teaspoon garam masala or good-quality curry powder, or to taste – I use Kashmiri Curry Powder from World Spice Merchants
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 – 15oz can chickpeas/garbanzo beans – rinsed and drained
- 2 medium or 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Salt to taste – I make it without salt and let everyone salt their own. The salt really brings out the flavor of the dish!
3. Add the cauliflower, then sprinkle in the spices, and continue to simmer gently for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the chickpeas, tomatoes, and peas, and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Stir in the optional cilantro, season with salt, and serve.