I haven’t bought or used packet taco seasoning for a few years now and I never will again! This is the most flavorful taco seasoning recipe, it’s easy to make and has much less sodium than the regular packet kind.
This recipe is from Food.com, it’s the #2 highest rated out of 3,286 taco seasoning recipes. I tried the top rated 5 and this one is the best, in my opinion. I use this to make my taco/burrito/tostada TVP “meat” (with hidden greens) and anything else that calls for taco seasoning!
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder (for the best flavor do not reduce this amount)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder (I use 1 tsp)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 -3 teaspoons cumin (I use 3 tsps)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use 1/2 teaspoon white salt) – I use 1 tsp Santa Maria Style BBQ Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional or to taste) – I use a big pinch
Combine all ingredients (double or triple if desired) .
Store tightly sealed in a small glass jar until ready to use OR freeze in individual wrapped foil packets
TVP Tacos with this seasoning… YUMMY!!Tags: chile powder, garlic powder, homemade taco seasoning, taco, taco seasoning, tvp meat