This is for all you kale “cult members” out there! There seems to be two kinds of people when it comes to kale – those who have no idea what it is and those who are obsessed with it. I don’t have much experience in between the two, only one or the other. We eat kale almost everyday so I suppose that puts us in the “cult member” category.
I found this recipe in the Engine 2 Diet book. It’s really good on crackers, pasta, veggies and sandwiches/wraps. I smear this on my toddler’s sandwiches with white beans and soy cheese and she devours it!
* 1 bunch kale, rinsed and chopped (I use black/lacinato kale – use stems too)
* 1/2 cup walnuts
* 1/2 cup water – (use water leftover from steaming kale!)
* Salt, to taste
– Steam the kale for 5 minutes, until tender
– Blend the cooked kale with the walnuts and 1/2 cup of the green water from steaming. Blend until smooth.
– Add salt to taste, if desired
My toddler LOVES this! Can you tell?
Tags: butter, crackers, kale, kale butter, kale butter1, lacinato kale, salt, spread, VitaMix, walnuts