Since both my kids decided to nap at the same time today, I had a chance to make this breakfast bread recipe I’ve had my eye on for a few weeks. I’m always on the lookout for healthy but fast breakfast options for busy mornings and this works perfectly! I had leftover shredded carrots from making the Healthy Veggie Muffins a couple of days ago and Chipotle Split Pea Soup last night so this was a perfect way to use them up!
Breakfast bread with peanut butter, orange slices and a glass of almond milk… Yummy!! Toddler and hubby loved this and ate it throughout the day!
The original recipe is from… you guessed it! Melomeals: Vegan For $3.33 A Day, my all-time favorite recipe source and vegan food blog. I changed it up a bit over the past year, I make it often because it’s really good! If you haven’t explored her blog, PLEASE do so!!!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon Kal Stevia Powder (I use 1/4 tsp)
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger
- ¾ cup dried unsweetened coconut
- 2 large carrots
- 1 – 15 oz can of white beans and their liquid
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce – I like to use cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vinegar – I used apple cider vinegar