It’s crazy how much this tastes like goat cheese! I’m always amazed at how you can make “cheese” out of cashews and sauerkraut… sounds gross but it’s really good! You can use this cheeze on anything – pizza, salads, sandwiches, etc. I added this to my BBQ Tempeh Wrap with Goaty Cheeze today and it was awesome!
This recipe is from… again, Melomeals: Vegan For $3.33 A Day.
- 1 c cashews or almonds
- 1 c sauerkraut
- 2 T miso
- 2 t Dijon
- 1 t Umeboshi vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Pinch salt (optional)
- Blend very well in either a high power blender or food processor
- If you have a yogurt maker, culture overnight
- If you don’t have a yogurt maker, let sit covered for 2 days – ON THE COUNTER! You can put it in the fridge if you are worried but I didn’t and it came out great!
- Goaty Cashew Cheeze (kidtestedfirefighterapproved.com)
- BBQ Tempeh Wrap with Goaty Cheeze (kidtestedfirefighterapproved.com)
- AMAZING BBQ Tempeh, Broccoli & Goaty Cheeze Pizza (kidtestedfirefighterapproved.com)
- Thai “Chik-n” Broccoli Orange Pizza with Goaty Cheeze (kidtestedfirefighterapproved.com)
- Lentil Quinoa Stew with Red Chard (kidtestedfirefighterapproved.com)