I’m always looking for new ways to get a serving of grain at every meal. I have several 1/2 gallon mason jars full of different grains in my pantry and I try to rotate them each week for variety. Sometimes I use my rice cooker, other times I experiment using my crock pot. Breakfast in the crock pot is awesome! Who doesn’t want to wake up to a hot meal, especially when you’re as busy as I am in the mornings!
This is one of our favorite wheat berry breakfast combos… so filling and so easy!
Crockpot Wheat Berry Cereal
* 1 cup wheat berries, rinsed and drained
* 2 cups water (you can use almond milk if you prefer)
* 1/2 cup chopped fruit – I use apples, dried apricots or dried cranberries
* 1/4 – 1/2 cup raisins
* 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/8 tsp Stevia
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp allspice
* 1/4 tsp ground cloves
* 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
* 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted (I also use walnuts, pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds)
- Combine everything into crockpot in the evening, stir to mix.
- Cook on low overnight and serve in the morning with your favorite toppings!Tags: Cook, crockpot, Home, Mason jar, Microwave, Slow cooker, wheat, wheat berry cereal, Wheatberry