I’ve been trying to think of a way to use up the drawer full of organic oranges in our fridge and came up with this oatmeal combo. We eat oatmeal almost every day (10-min Energizing Oats!) so it’s nice to vary up the toppings a bit. This keeps well so feel free to make a double batch and serve it for the next few days. Our toddler loves this recipe!
Orange Creamsicle Oatmeal
* 2 cups water
* 1 cup rolled oats
* 2-3 oranges – I usually add in 3 medium sized oranges
* zest of one orange
* 2 Tbsp hemp seeds, shelled (optional)
* 2 – 4 Tbsp sliced almonds or seeds of your choice
* 1/2 – 1 tsp cinnamon, depending on how much you like
* 1/2 – 1tsp vanilla extract
1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add oats and turn heat to low. Cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Add all remaining ingredients, stir and cover for about 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!Tags: Cook, Hemp, hemp seeds, Home, Oat, Oatmeal, Orange, orange oatmeal, Rolled oats, Tablespoon, Vanilla extract, vegan orange oatmeal