I haven’t made any sweets for A LONG TIME (as you’ve noticed on the blog) so I figured it might be time to dabble in a little sweetness. These cookies are really good and really easy to make. I think they taste best when warm so make sure to warm up the leftovers before eating, if you prefer. I tried to bribe our daughter to go on the potty with these cookies and it worked! Well… it worked one time anyways. Potty training is rough!
These are grain-free, gluten-free, white sugar free, oil-free, flour free…. all sorts of FREE!!!
I found this recipe on Texanerin Baking site. I can’t wait to see what else she has in store!
- 1 1/2 cups canned or cooked chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter – sunflower butter for nut-free
- 1/4 cup honey OR 1/8-1/4 cup agave, if you prefer
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt if your peanut/sunflower butter doesn’t have salt in it
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips