Here are two hummus recipes, the first one is our absolute favorite!
I make this first one at least once per week. I pack it in Ava’s lunch with snap peas or carrot sticks.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas drained and rinsed – OR – 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup tahini OR sub white beans
- 6 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3-4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper – I use a few shakes of Seasonello herbal salt and pepper
- Drain beans and reserve the liquid when you do so OR use cooked beans.
- Combine beans, along with the other ingredients in your food processor. Use the bean liquid or water to thin it out to your desired consistency. I use about 1/4-1/3 cup water. Adjust seasonings to your liking and enjoy on everything!
Sweet Potato Hummus
You may have seen this one on my Facebook page. A few people asked for it so I figured I’d better post it before it gets lost!
- 1 large cooked sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 1 can or 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 3-4 Tbsp tahini OR sub white beans
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste (I did a pinch)
- Black pepper, to taste
- Water or bean liquid
- Place ingredients in food processor, add water or bean liquid while its running until you get the consistency you like. Scrape sides, run again.