Here they are! Hope you like them, we sure do! My poor hubby has eaten almost 10 or so batches just to get this recipe down!
Sriracha Lime Roasted Chickpeas
1 can chickpeas – rinse, drain and pat the beans dry
1 1/2 Tbsp Sriracha Hot Sauce
1/2 tsp maple syrup (optional but good)
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
Juice and zest of 1 lime
Tiny pinch of salt
2-3 Tbsp fresh cilantro (optional but pretty!)
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Whisk sriracha, lime juice and maple syrup together in small bowl.
3. Add chickpeas to mixing bowl, add in Sriracha, maple syrup and lime juice mixture, toss to coat.
4. Add in nutritional yeast, coriander, garlic powder and smoked paprika to chickpeas, toss to coat.
5. Spread them onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for about 45-50 minutes stirring/shaking pan every 15 minutes.
** NOTE: I go back and forth between cooking them at 350 – stirring/shaking pan every 10 minutes or 400 – stirring shaking pan every 15 minutes so do what works for you!
6. Remove chickpeas from oven once they are to your desired texture. Toss with chopped cilantro, tiny pinch of salt (both optional) and lime zest.