This is my second favorite spinach artichoke dip! (First favorite here!) I’ve made this for a few gatherings and people love it!! My kids love it too, double bonus!! I serve this with fresh veggies on the side. I love using the leftovers in my collard wraps or on sprouted bread for the kids!
- 2 (14oz) cans artichoke hearts (in water), chopped
- 16 oz frozen spinach
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ~ 1/3 cup water
- juice of 1/2 medium-sized lemon (a little under 2 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- smoked paprika, to top (optional)
- Add frozen spinach and artichokes to large saucepan over medium heat and cook until thawed, stirring often.
- Place cashews in food processor, process until your cashews become a flour then begin to pour in your water until you get a creamy consistency.
- Once your spinach is completely thawed and it’s all good and warm, drain the excess water from your saucepan and add spinach and artichoke to a large bowl.
- Add your creamy cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and seasons to the bowl and mix thoroughly. Place in pretty dish, sprinkle with smoked paprika and serve!
- You can serve this now or stick it in the oven at 300 for about 10-15 minutes. Both ways are good!
Original recipe from iknowsquat.com