Chocolate chili what? Go with it…
I’m not a huge dessert person, neither is my husband. Now chips and dip on the other hand? THAT is my weakness!! I love me some appetizers!
I’ve been thinking about this combo for awhile now so I decided to try it! YUM! These are sweet, spicy and salty! I’ve eaten 4 batches now total, not all at once but over the course of a few days. I always eat the whole batch by myself too, hey it’s still beans so I’m good!
Chocolate Chili Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 – 15oz can salt-free chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder (cocoa powder will work too!)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (I tried 1/4 tsp but it just wasn’t the same)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined
- Spread out mixture on to a parchment lined baking sheet, making sure they’re all touching so they form a “crust”. (Works for me!)
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, stirring or tossing every 10-15 minutes or until crunchy
Tags: chocolate chickpeas, chocolate chili chickpeas, healthy snacks for kids, roasted chickpeas, vegan dessert, vegan snacks