My kids are on a leafy green strike lately. For a food-obsessed mom like myself there’s nothing worse than a leafy green strike, that’s for sure. Well maybe a semi-green strike because they love avocado all of a sudden, not sure where that came from because they’ve rejected avo for months! They’ll eat frozen green beans and edamame all day long but kale, collards, chard, etc? Forget it!
So what’s a leafy green obsessed mom like me to do?
Lie. Don’t tell me you haven’t done it.
“Eat your green noodles if you want oranges for dessert!” (Cabbage counts as a green, right? Whatever, close enough.)
They ate it, no questions asked. All I have to do is call them noodles? Maybe I’m making this much harder on myself?
I ate a pretty big helping of this, it’s pretty darn good! Simple yet delish! Oh the future possibilities with this simple little recipe!
Frizzy Cabbage “Noodles”
- 1 large’ish head of cabbage
- Shred cabbage thin using a knife or a food processor. You can use a mandolin but BE CAREFUL!
- Put shredded cabbage into large cold frying pan
- Add salt and pepper – about 1/2 tsp of each to start
- Turn heat to medium-high and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Lower heat to medium-low and continue to cook until cabbage caramelizes. Took me another 10 minutes or so
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve!
Tags: cabbage noodles, frizzled cabbage, kid friendly cabbage, vegan cabbage