I’ve been wanting a gooey’ish pasta casserole/bake thing and this really hit the spot! Kids loved it too and my husband went back for seconds!
Lemon, Baby Bella & Greens Pasta Bake
- 8oz box pasta shells (I used a box of small quinoa pasta shells, any kind will do. Larger shells would be good!)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8ozs baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch of greens, washed and chopped (I used 4 large handfuls of organic mixed greens from Costco)
- 15oz extra firm tofu, drained and pressed (I love my new tofu press for this!)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- pinch freshly ground nutmeg (I use this microplane/zester!!)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 -1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (I used 1/8 tsp for the kids)
- 1 Tbsp mellow white miso
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon zested (I use this!)
- Bread crumbs or almond meal to top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta in large pan as directed on package, drain and put back in pan.
- Saute onion, garlic and mushrooms in a sauté pan until mushrooms start to soften, about 5 minutes. Add greens, cover and cook until almost tender then add to the pot with the pasta.
- Add tofu, nutritional yeast, miso, lemon juice, lemon zest and spices to food processor and pulse until combined yet still chunky. Add to the pot with pasta and veggies, stir to combine. Taste and adjust salt.
- Pour into 9 x 9″ baking dish and top with a thin layer of breadcrumbs or almond meal (optional). Bake for about 30 minutes or until top is golden brown
Tags: vegan casserole, vegan greens lemon bake, vegan pasta, vegan pasta bake