Pea what? Pea guacamole is made with peas instead of avocado. Trust me, it’s good! We love this on top of FoRealsLife Oven Roasted Butternut Squash Fajitas with Pineapple Salsa (recipe coming soon!) and Vegan Sour Cream. It’s also great on Ancho Lentil Bowls too! Heck it’s good on almost anything regular guacamole goes on!
Just think… you can eat spoonfuls of this and not feel guilty! (But if you aren’t afraid of a little avocado… try my Awesome Guacamole!)
Morgan from FoRealsLife was nice enough to photograph this for me! Aren’t this pictures awesome? I bet you saw them and wondered if you were looking at the right blog? lol!
Thank you Morgan! <3
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 – 2 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Hot sauce, to taste (optional but really good!)
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 2-3 roma tomatoes, diced (or 1 large regular tomato)
- Pulse peas, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, spices and optional hot sauce in food processor until combined. You still want it a bit chunky!
- Pour into mixing bowl and fold in red onion and diced tomatoes. Diced jalapeños would be great too!
- Serve and enjoy!