I make a ton of soup when the weather gets cold but this is our absolute favorite soup. It’s really easy to make and doesn’t require a ton of ingredients plus it tastes better the longer it sits for leftovers. In fact, I’m eating a bowl of this soup as I type this post!
* 1 1/2 cups dried lentils – we like red lentils the best but you can use whatever
* 4 cups No-Chicken Broth (OR 4 cups veggie broth)
* 1 cup water
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2-3 garlic clove, minced
* 1/8 tsp black pepper
* 2 tsp maple syrup
* 1 tsp dried oregano
* 1 tsp dried basil
* 1/4-1/2 tsp salt – you can add at the end if you want to, if the soup seems bland you probably need a bit more salt
* 1- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
* 1 (16 ounce) can chopped/diced tomatoes, undrained OR use a tetra pack of no-salt added tomatoes
* 3 Tbsp tomato paste
YUMMY!!! Or as my good friend Meah would say… Nom Nom!!!