These brownies are so moist, no one will ever know they are whole-wheat, dairy free and VERY low-fat! My hubby LOVES these brownies and the guys at the fire station do too. Come on, just look at them… they scream fudgy!
This recipe is from one of my favorite plant-based food bloggers recent cookbook “The Happy Herbivore: Over 175 Delicious Fat-Free & Low-Fat Vegan Recipes“.
Here is the recipe:
* 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1 cup raw sugar
* 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp fine salt
* 1/4 cup chocolate non-dairy milk
* 18-oz cup plain soy (or almond, rice or coconut) yogurt
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional) – I did not add these
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Grease a standard 9-inch square baking pan, set aside
3. Whisk flour, sugars, cocoa, baking powder and salt together in large bowl
4. Add 1 cup water, chocolate non-dairy milk, soy yogurt and vanilla, stirring until just combined
5. Add chips if you’re using and continue to stir until fully incorporated
6. Transfer to the greased pan, using a spatula to even out the batter and smooth the top
7. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes
These are SO GOOD!!!
Look how moist they are!