These are perfect if you have leftover pumpkin from another recipe, that’s how I came to make these. I had a little under a cup of pumpkin puree left from making White Bean Pumpkin Pie Dip a couple of days ago so I added a little applesauce to make up the difference.
This recipe is from Cooking with Two Vegan Boys. You can find her on Facebook here. Her food posts always look delicious on her page, I can’t wait to try more of her recipes! This one is a keeper, for sure… in fact I bought 3 more cans of pumpkin at Trader Joe’s today with these in mind!
Here is her recipe:
* 2 cups soymilk
* 1 cup pumpkin puree (not canned pumpkin pie mix) – I had a little less than 1 cup so I added a little applesauce
* 2 Tbsp margarine, melted (I used melted coconut oil here)
* 2 tsp molasses (I use black strap molasses)
* 2 Tbsp ground flax
* 3 Tbsp sugar (I used raw/turbinado sugar)
* 2 cups flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour)
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 tsp allspice
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp ginger powder
* 1/4 tsp nutmeg
– In a mixing bowl combine the dy ingredients, add the wet ingredients, gently stir to combine.
– Lightly grease a skillet or griddle, pour 1/3 cup of batter (or more for larger pancakes) onto the griddle.
– Cook until golden on both sides. Serve with warm maple syrup.
(c) Two Vegan Boys 2011
Tags: Baking powder, Cook, cooking with two vegan boys, Facebook, flax meal, Pancake, Pumpkin, pumpkin pancakes1, pumpkin pie, Recipe, Tablespoon, trader joe's