Who doesn’t like nachos?! We have nacho night at our house at least once a month (our junk food night), my husband loves it! As I’ve said before, I have a few nacho-type “cheese” recipes that I rotate for different types of food – nachos, bean dip, broccoli “cheese” potatoes, enchiladas, tacos, etc.
I used this potato-based vegan Fake-Out Cheese recipe for this batch of nachos, along with my husband’s favorite fake meat crumbles (Quorn brand – mushroom protein crumbles – orange bag, freezer section at Sprouts), black beans, black olives, homemade guacamole (2 avocados and a packet of “Spicy Great Guacamole” – makes the best guac! Produce section, black packet), fresh chopped tomatoes, Tofutti brand “Better than Sour Cream” sour cream (buy at Sprouts) and salsa/hot sauce.
- 2 tablespoons mild chile powder (for the best flavor do not reduce this amount) – I use chipotle or adobo chile powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 -3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use 1/2 teaspoon white salt)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional or to taste)
Combine all ingredients (double or triple if desired) .
Store tightly sealed in a small glass jar until ready to use.