I’ve given this recipe to many people and they love it every time! It’s not your typical high-maintenence sangria recipe either, you can use good ol’ $2 Chuck and no one will know the difference. I like to use the Cab or the Syrah but really, you could use anything you have open.
- 1/4 tsp Stevia
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur – triple sec (cheap will do)
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine
- 1/2 – 1 whole lemon, sliced
- 1/2 – 1 whole orange, sliced
- 1/2 – 1 whole apple cored and sliced
In a plastic container (with lid) combine sugar, lemon & orange juices, liqueur and wine; stir.
Refrigerate for several hours.
Pour into pitcher add lemon, apple and orange slices – you can add these before if you want them to soak up a bit of the booze
Serve over ice.