This is a quick, easy recipe with tons of flavor and versatility. It takes me about 15 minutes to make this meal which makes it an easy go-to recipe on busy nights. Not to mention this alfredo sauce is MUCH better for you than the regular kind!
As you can see, my toddler LOVES this…
- 1 bag/box of whole grain or gluten-free pasta
- 1 cup soymilk (or you can use almond milk)
- 1/3 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons tamari, soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1-2 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (I like to use smoked paprika)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 -4 garlic cloves (optional – I like to add about 3 or 4)
Boil the pasta until tender but not mushy.
Combine everything else in the blender and blend until smooth – I use my VitaMix blender
Drain the noodles, return to the pot and pour the sauce over until well heated.
Add cooked broccoli or whatever veggies you wish.