My CSA goodie box (from Abundant Organics) arrived this morning so I decided to make up a new green smoothie recipe. I threw this together and it turned out to be super delicious! Both my hubby and toddler slurped one down and asked for another, we may need to run to Sprouts for more greens!
I’ve been going back and forth from juicing to blending because I can’t decide which one I like better. A VitaMix blender really makes the difference when it comes to blending, most (if not all) other regular blenders don’t hold a candle to the VitaMix! Costco has the best price I’ve ever seen so if you’re looking to buy one, check it out!
So here’s my BEST Green Smoothie Recipe
* 1 orange, peeled
* 1 frozen banana
* 1 bunch chard
* 1-2 stalks of mint (stems, stalks… whatever you want to call them – about a handful of fresh mint)
* A 1.5″ by 0.5″ chunk of fresh ginger
* 1 small gala apple, remove seeds
* 1 cup vanilla, unsweetened coconut milk (I suppose you could use any kind of milk but this one is tasty!)
* Stevia – I used my favorite Kal Stevia, 2 tiny scoops
Blend all together and drink! YUMMY!!
I made this smoothie again today – I used parsley and cucumber instead of chard (just realized I’m out!) and it was really good too!!