This was SO GOOD! My hubby and I both devoured the leftovers too… so did our toddler!
This is made from a few other recipes – GREAT way to use up leftovers! I’m sure you could use any variation of this recipe with great success.
This is another version of an awesome original recipe from Melomeals!! She rocks!
Loaded Veggie Spicy Noodles
- 1 box whole wheat pasta – use gluten-free if you wish
- 1 c pasta cooking water
- 1/2 cup Chipotle Hummus (leftover from a batch I made the day before – used the other half to make the Chipotle Broccoli Quinoa Soup)
- 2 T minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 T Ketchup
- 2 T Siracha
- 1 T coconut aminos
- 2 T Apple Cider Vinegar or Lime Juice – I used lime juice
- cooked tofu & leftover veggies – I used my batch of Gingered Tofu & Zucchini
- 1 32oz package of baby portobello mushrooms, sliced (Costco)
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale, destemmed and chopped
- 1 bunch of collard greens, chopped (you could use anything here, really)
- 1 large onion
- 1 large green pepper
- 2-3 cups shredded carrots
- Cilantro/Peanuts for garnish
- Soy Sauce/Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta, reserve water
- Saute green peppers, onions and garlic until soft
- Add mushrooms, saute until soft, add water if needed to prevent sticking
- Add kale and collards, cook until wilted
- Add shredded carrots and stir, allow carrots to heat
- Mix together ketchup, hummus, coconut aminos, ginger, sriracha (if using – or add at the end), Apple Cider Vinegar or Lime Juice and stir until smooth
- In a skillet, add the pasta, sauce ingredients , Gingered Tofu & Zucchini, mushroom/kale/carrot/veggie mix and thin out with the pasta water as needed.
- Heat through and add the cilantro/soy sauce and pepper to taste