Reasons why I love these ‘cookies’:
- They are quick and easy to make (Think breakfast to-go)
- My kids love them every time I make them (They haven’t refused one yet… knock on wood!)
- They are easy to pack in Ava’s preschool breakfast box (Mornings are not so rushed!)
- My hubby and I love them too!
- I don’t need any more reasons. Enjoy!!!
- 2 mashed bananas – the darker the better!
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon each of cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- pinch of ground ginger (optional but I like it!)
- zest of 1 medium to large orange (I use a large one)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 -3 Tbsp ground flax meal or ground chia seeds
- 1/3 cup dried fruit (cranberries, regular or golden raisins, currants)
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine ingredients and scoop onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat. If you don’t have an ice cream scooper, use your hands to make about a 1/3 cup sized cookie.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove cookies to cooling rack.