Reasons why I love these ‘cookies':
- They are quick and easy to make (Think breakfast to-go)
- My kids love them every time I make them (They haven’t refused one yet… knock on wood!)
- They are easy to pack in Ava’s preschool breakfast box (Mornings are not so rushed!)
- My hubby and I love them too!
- I don’t need any more reasons. Enjoy!!!
Healthy Breakfast Cookies
- 2 mashed bananas – the darker the better! (Another option – 1 cup canned pureed pumpkin)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-2 Tbsp almond butter or sunflower butter for nut-free
- 1/4 rounded teaspoon each of cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- pinch of ground ginger (optional but I like it!)
- zest of 1 medium to large orange (I use a large one)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 -3 Tbsp ground flax meal or ground chia seeds
- 1/3 cup dried fruit (cranberries, regular or golden raisins, currants)
- 1/3 cup walnuts or seeds of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Option: if you use pumpkin add in some pumpkin or apple pie spice! 1tsp will do!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ingredients and scoop onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat. If you don’t have an ice cream scooper, use your hands to make about a 1/3 cup sized cookie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove cookies to cooling rack.