Sorry (again) for my absence lately… as you know, things are a little crazy around here! Our 1-year old is now walking and our 3-year old has more energy than ever. My hubby had sinus surgery last week and is slowly recovering. I haven’t had a ton of time to cook anything new lately so I’ve been rotating old favorites. I’ve been making a lot of Italian’ish Lentil Tomato Soup because it’s easy and the kids enjoy it. I’ve also been experimenting with bean/lentil/rice burgers since they’re really easy to reheat in a hurry.
I’ve been so busy that I keep forgetting to eat and I find myself starving at night after the kids go to bed. Since that’s my only time to get things done I look for things I can eat in a hurry. I had a craving for something buffalo’ish (minus the chicken wing part) so I made up these roasted chickpea snacks the other night. They turned out REALLY GOOD!!! Our toddler enjoyed them too even though they do have a little kick to them! I use them in salads, wraps and just about anything else I can think of!!
Buffalo Ranch Roasted Chickpeas
Ingredients (2 Servings)
- chickpeas cooked (1 can drained and rinsed OR 1 1/2 cups cooked) 15 ozs
- Frank's Hot Sauce 2 tbsps
- nutritional yeast 1 tbsp
- garlic powder 1/2 tsp
- onion powder 1/2 tsp
- dried dill 1/2 tsp
- black pepper ground 1/4 tsp
- dried parsley (I prefer 2 Tbsp) 1-2 tbsp
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Combine chickpeas with hot sauce and coat evenly. Add in the nutritional yeast and spices, combine well.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread out the chickpeas evenly, patting them down.
4. Roast 40-50 minutes or until slightly browned. Shake pan or stir every 15 minutes throughout the baking process!
- Dill Pickle Roasted Chickpeas (Oil-Free) (kidtestedfirefighterapproved.com)