I’ve been trying to make a new hummus flavor each week since we eat so much of it, the plain version gets a little old after awhile. I wanted to try a pizza flavored hummus since we loved the Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil “Cheese” so much. This turned out pretty good! I may use sun-dried tomatoes next time, just to see how that turns out.
* 2 cups garbanzo beans – I used cooked beans but I think you could use about 2 cans worth, drained and rinsed
* 1/2 cup tomato sauce
* 2-3 cloves garlic
* 2 T bean liquid – I use this instead of using oil. Try water instead if you don’t have bean liquid leftover from cooking or canned
* 4-6 Tbsp nutritional yeast
* 1 1/2 – 2 tsp dried oregano
* 1 tsp dried basil
* 1/8 – 1/4 cup fresh basil – I used a little under 1/4 but just add to your liking
* pinch of salt
- Blend all ingredients in food processor until smooth, taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Delicious Oil-Free Hummus (kidtestedfirefighterapproved.com)